Long awaited, the 60-foot SE&CR ‘Birdcage’ stock is due for release in September 2017. Three coaches in BR Crimson livery as permanently coupled three-coach set No. 595 will be the first to arrive. Here’s a preview of the models in BR condition with second dynamo and battery box set fitted to the Brake Third together with torpedo ventilators and plain roof profiles – lighting conduit being located under the roof.
39-602 Brake Third Lavatory coach No. S3500S
39-612 Composite Lavatory coach S5468S (centre coach):
Further releases are expected as Autumn progresses including three-coach sets for the Southern Railway and SE&CR with appropriate detail differences reflecting the time era in which the coaches operated. N gauge models are in development and will be released under the Graham farish label.
- Metal wheels.
- Insulated wheel set axles.
- Current collection through stub axles.
- Facility for the fitting of interior lighting.
- NEM coupling pockets.
- Close coupling cams.
- Era and vehicle specific details.
- Separate wire hand rails and commode handles.
- Separate wire water tank filler pipes.
- Flush glazed.
- Interior detailing – compartments and seating.
- Coaches offered with numbers to make up correct three-coach sets.